Aging is a fact of Life. Looking your age is not!

Make healthy lifestyle choices where and when possible, moderation is key.

Age Fast Age Slow You Decide!

 “Wrinkle” the most avoided and feared word in our vocabulary. It’s the elephant in the room. It’s your biggest secret. It’s your greatest fear and “Yes” it’s your best friend.

Our wrinkles reveal so much about us. “Yes” they represent aging in the skin but there is a more interesting story to be told here. To begin with there is a lifetime of emotions and expressions sitting on our face. Our joys and experiences are wrapped up in the folds of the “Wrinkle”.  So let’s look a little closer at the “Wrinkle” story and understand what causes them, how to slow them, and which ones to love and which ones to work on improving.

Repeated facial movements create “Dynamic Wrinkles” and loss of gravity and elasticity create “Static Wrinkles”.  Let’s take a closer look at what causes “Dynamic Wrinkles”. If you stand in front of a mirror and you smile or frown these are your “Dynamic Wrinkles”. These are our unique set of lines that show the world who we are. So instead in being in such a hurry to remove these lines we should think about what they say about us first.

The lines that will eventually inhabit your face will depend on several factors. Some of which include genes and lifestyle. We can’t change our genes but they are responsible for only 20% of the aging in the skin. The other 80% is down to lifestyle. Creating good healthy lifestyle habits can change the outcome for your skin.

"The Best Wrinkle is the one you never get”

Wrinkle
My Top Tips to Prevent Wrinkles

Tip 1

Protect and Repair: Exposure to UV rays causes premature aging in the skin which leads to wrinkles, leathery skin and age spots. Arm yourself with Sunscreen of at least SPF 30 or higher. Make a hat part of your everyday clothing gear. Any outdoor activity, walking the dog, gardening, running, hiking etc is equally as important to cover up. Even on a dull day you are still being bombarded with UV rays.

Jackie’s Wrinkle Fighting Tip 1: Vitamin C, Vitamin C Vitamin C….Fights, repairs and protects from the daily damage our bodies endure which is one of the leading causes of wrinkles.

Tip 2

Make healthy lifestyle choices where and when possible, moderation is key. You don’t have to give up your favourite glass of wine, or chocolate etc but it’s what you do 80% of the time that determines positive changes in the body. Leave room for flexibility and fun. Incorporate anti aging foods to your snacks and meals daily. Sugar, smoking and alcohol accelerate aging so be mindful.

Jackie’s Wrinkle Fighting Tip 2: Reduce Sugar, Stay hydrated, and exercise daily.

Tip 3

Choose skin care products that are suitable for your skin type and your skin age.

Starting to feel dry as you get older: Make sure you have the moisture boosting ingredient “Hyaluronic Acid” This will help to keep your skin hydrated and plump.

Jackie’s recommended product: Gingkosome Serum

No sign of wrinkles forming yet: Have a regular routine to keep the skin gently exfoliated, hydrated and protected.

Jackie’s recommended product: Parasol SPF30

Starting to notice the first signs of aging. Introduce Retinoids (Vit A) and Vit C. Both these ingredients will help fight the first signs of aging in the skin.

Jackie’s recommended product: Citrusome Vitamin C Serum

Jackie’s Wrinkle fighting tip 3: Start your skin care journey early. Keep your skin clean and hydrated.

“One year from now you’ll wish you started TODAY!”

Don`t copy text!

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.